Gwendy Feldman, CEO and founder of Project Unwritten, an advocate of women’s artistry, creativity and entrepreneurship, who has already organized many pop-up shops and events to help fine artisans and noteworthy designers reach new markets, is organizing the event. The Chilean trade commission, ProChile is also sponsoring this event dedicated to Chilean fashion.
“With this exclusive, one-day presentation and sale of nine Chilean fashion designers, we want people to experience the timeless, contemporary accessories, jewelry, and fashion that is at home anywhere in the world, yet distinctly from Chile,” Gwendy explains. “These designers break preconceived notions and create a new material vocabulary, using the finest indigenous materials and hand crafting techniques deeply rooted in Chilean traditions. All items are made with passion and heart; exceptional design with environmental and social consciousness is part of this new material DNA. We think the US is ready to see and embrace this contemporary, sophisticated, positive and exciting fashion movement.“
ShopToko, the curated wholesale e-commerce platform that connects independent retailers with noteworthy designers, is also sponsoring the event. This is an opportunity for buyers to discover the work of Chilean designers (see list below), many of whom are showing their work for the first time in the States. The in-person experience adds another dimension to the unique ShopToko service. An exclusive selection of designs, under the Project Unwritten name, will also be available for retailers on the ShopToko platform, prior to and after the event.
Latinvision Media is the media sponsor for this event.
- Chantal Bernsau - www.chantalbernsau.cl - (Accessories, Jewelry) One of the preeminent accessory designers in Chile, who creates jewelry pieces symbolic of talisman and lucky charms from native Chilean tribes.
- Amaru - www.amaru.cl - (Fashion Designer) Using the finest materials of alpaca and llama fiber, Amaru creates soft sweaters, coats and throws with a twist of Chilean design – deemed to keep you warm during long cold nights.
- Alwa - www.alwa.cl - (Accessories, Jewelry) Gorgeous handmade jewelry featuring collections based on the natural Chilean materials: cow horn, thread, stones and metal. Unusual.
- Carmen Eva Textileria Contemporanea - (Fashion Designer) www.textileriacontemporanea.blogspot.com - Fabric is no mystery for Carmen Eva. Carmen Eva defies all purposes of fabrics with her latest collection of one-of–a-kind shawls, scarves and dresses that you can easily wear for formal or casual events.
- Casa Kiro Joyas - http://www.casakiro.cl/ - (Jewelry) stunning collection of bracelet, rings, earrings and necklaces made of precious metals (silver, copper, gold) and sustainable organics and earth materials (exotic woods and stones). Quiet statement pieces that contain landscapes and universes.
- Etnias Chile - (Fashion Designer, Accessories) – Combining the best quality materials of lama wool and alpaca, Etnias presents an avant-garde ethnic based collection of hand- woven jackets, sleeveless coats, skirts, tops, belts and scarves.
- Hands of Chile - www.handsofchile.com - (Fashion Jewelry, Accessories, Home products) Showcasing the best of Chilean artistry, Hands of Chile crafts perfect gift items from alpaca scarves and shawls to ceramic- based home décor. Custom orders possible.
- Origen Lo Natural - www.origenlonatural.cl (Fashion, Accessories, Home products) Sustainable eco-fashion of beautiful feminine, delicate and quality designs in felt of the finest natural fibers.
- Poyen – www.poyen.cl - (Hats, Caps for Babies, Children, Men and Women) – Poyen means “ Love” and “Warmth” in the native Mapuche language spoken in south-central Chile and their hand crafted caps and winter accessories will provide you with just that.
For more information visit: www.projectunwritten.com