Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Polo Player Nacho Figueras, GQ's International Sportsman of the Year and the 2nd Most Handsome Man in the World According to Vanity Fair Readers, Considers Being a Father His Greatest Triumph

NEW YORK, May 25, 2011 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- For Argentinean polo player Nacho Figueras, life is not just about traveling the world to compete in charity matches with the Royals or appearing in ads for Ralph Lauren's Polo Fragrances. This husband and 34-year-old father of three makes family his priority. In honor of Father's Day, Nacho shares a few of his key insights on fatherhood.


What's one of the fondest memories you have of your father?
I have many great memories of my father while I was growing up. What I recall the most is my father telling me that nothing is impossible if you really want it. He taught me that it is not how good you are, but how good you want to be.


How do you balance your busy schedule as a polo player, face of Ralph Lauren's Polo Fragrances and being a father?
The great thing about being a Polo player, the face of Ralph Lauren's Polo fragrances and being a father is that it all works together. I am a father who travels the world with his wife and children playing polo – that is exactly what the World of Polo represents.


What are some traditions you have developed over the years as your family has grown?
We go to the barn on our farm as a family. I play a game called stick and ball with my eldest son, Hilario. My six year old daughter, Aurora rides around us on her pony while my wife, Delfina takes our youngest son, Artemio around in circles on another horse. We have a great time together just hanging out.


What quality of yours would you hope to pass down to your children?
I just hope they are great people and they are respected and recognized for their personal qualities more than anything else.


How do you see yourself in your children?
My children remind me of myself when I was younger, seeing them brings back memories of all the things that I used to do as a child such as horse ride with my father, eat together as a family and play with my siblings. I can really relate to my parents now because I truly understand why they reacted to me in a certain way so that I could learn early as a child. For example, my parents were very strict with me about having good manners, always saying please and thank you and to hold the door open for women. Now I teach these lessons to my children.


How would you feel if one of your children told you they wanted to be a polo player like you?
I would be delighted! But the most important thing for me is to hear from my children that they are happy whether it is playing polo or playing the violin.


How has being a father altered how you live your life or your view of life?
Being a father has completely changed how I live my life. My life is much richer and much more fulfilling now. You hear what a great thing it is to be a father but you never really understand the dimension of it until you really become one. Without a doubt my children and being a father is the best thing that ever happened to me.


Where do you enjoy going for a family vacation?
We enjoy going to Jose Ignacio in Uruguay or to the family farm to hang out with the horses we breed.


What would you tell your children it means to be a good sportsman?
I tell my children that being a good sportsman is more important than winning. Winning is everything but not if you won in an unsportsmanlike way. Being a good guy on the field really reflects who you are off the field.




Nacho Figueras was named the face of Ralph Lauren Polo Black in 2005 and became the face for all of Ralph Lauren's World of Polo fragrances in 2009, including Ralph Lauren Polo and Ralph Lauren Polo Blue. He was most recently chosen to star in the advertising campaign for Ralph Lauren Romance alongside his wife, Delfina Blaquier continuing the tradition of featuring real-life couples in iconic advertising shot by photographer and filmmaker Bruce Weber for this popular women's fragrance. See more on the World of Polo and Ralph Lauren Romance at http://www.youtube.com/user/RLTVralphlauren.  




SOURCE Ralph Lauren Fragrances

No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2015 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Operated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month