Monday, April 5, 2010

Zoe Saldana on the April/May Cover of Siempre Mujer

NEW YORK, April 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Zoe Saldana, Siempre Mujer's April/May cover star dishes to the magazine about her roots, her over-developed masculine side and how she defines happiness. Excerpts from the interview, on newsstands April 6, follow and are available at www.siempremujer.com:


About her roots: "I'm just Zoe. Not a little bit Dominican, not a little bit Puerto Rican, none of that silliness...I am what you want me to be if that's what it takes for you to overcome your insecurities. As a Latina, I think we should be very proud of our heritage. We tend to look for European roots and reject the indigenous and the African, and that is disgusting. Being Latin is a mix of everything. I want my people to not be as insecure, and to adore what we are because it's beautiful."


On her masculine side: "I have too much of one! People have sometimes told my grandmother, 'Your niece has a bit of lesbianism in her.' It's that my sisters and I spent all our time amongst men. We were very popular with them. Our way of thinking is very masculine."


Read full article

No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month